Thursday, June 27, 2002

Mindy Has Stolen Me

Mindy being the Clie. I got into a bit of a fight on ClieSource the other day and found myself wondering why I cared so much. I asked a question, and specifically put in something that I knew would be heated. Since the regulars seemed to be relatively intelligent, I hoped to get some sort of discussion going about pirating palm software. And it blew up in my face. Next thing I know I got people screaming at me from both angles. And I asked myself again - why did I care.

It isn't like I am an instigator. I was just curious to how people felt, were they being honest? Alot of them even denied using Mp3's. Which I find hard to believe, one guy actually freaked out telling me about his 6 computers and his 56k connection and how he didn't need to do that because he made enough money.

Well, if you make enough money you should hook yourself up with some high speed internet.

Anyway. I just felt like sharing today because it has been some time since i last wrote.

I was looking for some software online to see what the latest little apps were, but there doesn't seem to be anything of immediate interest - WinMx released a new version a while back and are now supporting multi-user downloads of pretty much anything they have... oh and if your from cliesource, and reading this - I don't mind telling you that I do download (and get this) burn my cd's. I would be more than happy to send the artist the 1.50 that they actually get out of the deal, I just don't think HMV needs to mark CD's up by 30%, the distributor by 15-20% etc. No, those aren't huge profits, but they do add up.

Anyway.. I'm off to the Buena Vista Social Club concert tonight. I am taking my parents as a gift for birthday's and mothers/fathers day gifts. If you don't know who they are, click the link and look into them, they are Cuban Jazz and are all surprisingly over 60. Of course, they have an amazing story, of which you can see by renting or buying the documentary Mom's and Pop's should be home shortly and I should be pretty by this time - so off I go!.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home