Wednesday, November 16, 2005

One of "Them"

Some of you may recall a little over a year ago I purchased an iRiver H120 mp3 player. His name was George, and I loved him. The problem was, shortly before leaving for London George started to get tempermental. Knowing the flaws with the product I knew he was on his way out of commission and I couldn't have that. It was conveniently timed - the iPod Video had just come out.

Because I had the Best Buy replacement plan (if you can? get this!) I knew that upgrading to the iPod would cost me approximately 25 dollars, USD. I also knew that I wanted video. It took some coaching, but eventually, I caved.

I am now one of "them."

I tried so hard not to become one of "them"... you know "them." They are the people with iPods. They seem mindless... as if they did not complete an ounce of research about their player but were hypnotized by the shiny white object. They insist on using the (pardon my french) SHITTY white headphones so they can announce to the world that they are members of the iPod Cult of the World.

Granted, I do not use the headphones... I have better ones. Granted, I do my best not to pull out and play with my iPod as if to announce to everyone in the vacinity, "I have an iPod too!" But still, I have to use iTunes now... and I have an iPod... and it is shiny.. its white... and its... hypnotized me into thinking its the best thing that has ever happened to me.


I really didn't want to be one of them. I was sucked in by the lack of competition. I was sucked in by the moving pictures. I am sorry George.

Gotta go make a smart playlist... oooooooh, buttons!

Hope all is well in your world...

1 Comments:

At 10:15 PM , Blogger tara said...

dak... please email me! tlpoirier@lycos.com

please please please.

i'd love to catch up! see how you are... geez. what a blast from the past!

miss you oodles!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home