Thursday, March 15, 2007

Two Days in a Row?

Look what I can do!

Today is Thursday. Thursday is that weird day that is in between the anticipation of Hump Day and the joy that is Friday. For six years I forgot what Friday meant.

They say you shouldn't go through life waiting for the weekends. I know very few people, even those that love their jobs that don't live for the weekend. I imagine that, if given the proper position, one would live less for the weekend - but I'm not that one. Even the lovely ladies at my local Timmy's know how exciting Friday is for me.

"How are you! Oh right! It's FRIDAY!!!!"

I don't know what I am more embarassed about - that I live for Fridays so much, or that the ladies at the Timmy's know me. Speaking of which..

When the hell did I start calling it "Timmy's?" I was never a "Timmy's" patron, really, until they put one on my way to work. Ahh, I see a case study coming...

Tim Horton's was established in 1964 in Hamilton, Ontario. And since then they have grown to 3000 stores. THREE THOUSAND! And most of these are in CANADA. Where we have.... 35 Million people? Do the math, that is ONE "Timmy's" for every 11 thousand or so Canadians. If there are over 300,000 people in Surrey alone... How many Timmy's are there?

Not only are there many Timmy's - but they are put in strategic places. On routes to work. All of them have drive-thru's so that you can - easily - pick up their coffee crack on your way to work. Then, all of a sudden you are having your daily Timmy's. And that, my friends, is how Timmy's becomes Tim Horton's.

With the addition into gas stations (Esso) it becomes a one-stop-shop. Donuts and Gas. The marriage of two, well needed, commodities to get yourself to that place that you go to so you can live for the weekends. All the while waiting for your Monday morning Timmy's.

Marketing Strategy is divine.

I hope all is well in your world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home