Wednesday, April 24, 2002

While I Was Sleeping

I was woken up this morning at 8:20. This is around 2.5 hours on the early side for me lately. I have been getting up anywhere from 10-1pm. Noctornal values have pros and cons... the pro's being Deep Space Nine at 2:30am, the cons being the reason for my post today.

This morning, once I was finished doing what my Dad had asked me to do, I took Izzy outside for her morning pee. It was apparent she was pissed off at me because we were obviously up early and she was up all night humping her kitty. She is also accustomed to sleeping late with me, and rather than stay up with me now, she is upstairs in my bed (for those of you who know Izzy are you as not surprised as I am?). Back to the point.

I forgot how beautiful it was in the morning. The smell of the air as everything wakes up with morning dew. And it just so happened that this is a beautiful spring day/morning. The sky is clear blue, the air is fresh, the flowers are blooming. I forgot how much I loved this time of year. I even enjoyed walking to school in the morning when I was in high school. I can still remember walking through the morning frost, with the sun shinning down on it... feeling the most amazing sense of happiness. I miss that all while I am sleeping until 10am.

And now, I am stuck doing work for my dad, but before I do that... I am going to grab my tennis racket and some balls and hit balls against the garage. I don't hit it hard enough to dent.

I have missed my favorite season, While I was sleeping. Don't do this to yourself. Get morning classes. Get outside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home