Wednesday, April 10, 2002

If You Want To Have Your Say - Have It!

I hate people. I hate people who take no initiative and then have the NERVE to bitch about it after the fact. Its like the guy who keeps saying "I almost" - it gets old and you really want to ask them "Well the fuck didn't you then"

My grandmother once told me of a friend of hers who used to come over to her house (she raised 8 kids) and he would sit one of the kids on his lap and say "I saw a really cool toy I knew you would like, and I almost bought it for you" and of course the kid would get excited and then be crushed. And after many times, it started to really annoy my grandmother. And he wouldn't limit himself to the kids, he would do it all the time "I almost bought this truck" "I almost picked up lunch for you" I almost.. I almost.. I almost.

This relates back to my initial statement. I have a person of whom I work closely with. I think I referred to them as Jamie before - anyway, I realize what really annoys me about this person.

All semester, I have been doing all the work for this team. As mentioned before, it was based on the fact that some of my group members were working in extra-curicular environments and therefore could not put in the level of participation that was needed. So I ended up taking on all 4 reports. While I had some input at times, it seemed to me that Jamie was never happy. They never said thank you, good work... whatever. So when the time came down to do the work for our final project, I let it sit. I had decided I was not going to play nanny. A couple days before I went to Seattle, I emailed everyone wondering what their plan was. Apparently, they had none. While one of the team members is excused from this situation (and has been all semester due to other reasons, not to be named here) the other one, is the one who has the lack of manners, and apparently has "I have my head up my ass Syndrome" (commonly found in men - no offense, just an observation). So it once again, came down to me saying "OKAY IM GOING TO DO THIS!" I mentioned that continuous input was necessary to ensure that all voices were heard.

The report, and powerpoint was done.

I got no feedback.

And guess what?

Jamie had the nerve to bitch and complain to me, make me feel like shit for his lack of initiative. I let him have it. He had plenty of time to give his opinion and it is not up to me to babysit him. If he wanted to get heard, he should have said it before. When there was time. It's nice to pass the buck isn't it.

So now that the whole ordeal is over - I will never have to work with Jamie again. While I will be in the same classes as them, I will never have to deal with this ordeal. I will not put myself in this position. I will opt out of group, and do the hella work on my own.

Thanks for the ear.

And by the way - I do have the most fabulous boyfriend in the world. I think that needs to be said somewhere other than in my head and to him and my friends. To all you out there.. good luck finding one as good as mine. I don't think you can.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home