Sunday, March 31, 2002

Easter and the Bunny

I was at church for 2.5 hours tonight. My sister got confirmed and her first communion. Since I have yet to do this it got me to thinkin' that maybe I should get my life together and my schedule in line with this for the next RCIA run. I know most of you don't know what I'm talking about right now but I felt the need to share nonetheless.

So how did Easter become about chocolate and the bunny? And how did the Easter bunny become some sort of tradition? I went to look on the internet about this but it seems to me that no one has a believable explaination. To me, Easter is a time for family and friends. A time to remember how lucky we are to have these people in our lives, and to remember what Jesus did for us. And while some of you may celebrate Easter, but not believe in Jesus, I choose not to address you now. The true meaning of Easter, the reason Easter is even a holiday is Jesus. If you choose not to acknowledge this, than that is your choice. It is my choice to acknowledge this, which I do.

On other notes, my road trip was quite successful. D and Alana's Boyfriend got along quite famously, and we ended up having a delightful evening of debate and wine. On the trip home we stopped in Bellingham to a little drive-in called "Boomer's." It was a true drive-in and we ate in the car. We all got a kick out of it, and it was pretty good food. I thoroughly enjoyed my burger, while D bitched about how there was mayo on his (for those of you who know him, you will know that he hates mayo, and usually requests it held from his sandwich... they called mayo a secret sauce and he got sucked in) We arrived home late in the afternoon and had a nap when we got there, exhausted from the night and morning drive.

I am officially ready for my summer classes (lets have a moment of silence for my summer shall we? Why is it I am paying people to ruin my summer?) and believe it or not I am kind of looking forward to it. Alana will be joining me in 2 of 4 classes, and I think I will be dropping one class should it not work out the way I want it to. I will not overdose myself this summer, and as it stands I will have an 8 hour day (straight) on Wednesday.

Anyway, there is my little update/ramble. I will be back in the next day or two with a rant I am sure.

Happy Easter to All!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home