Thursday, May 02, 2002

Duh...Where Did He Go.. Where Did He Go...

My summer that is. I just went onto the reg system for school to attempt to change my life around and unfortuantely life is not going to be as easy as I would have liked it to be. So I might have to do some rearranging once school settles in and the world realizes that they too, do not want to be in school all summer. But, as it stands, my life sucks. Yes, yes it does. School is going to suck.

I got to thinking about the news today. How depressing. My dad, who is an avid watcher of such shows as blind date, 5th wheel, etc, does not watch the news. He reads the paper in the morning and the rest of the day he watches shit. I always thought he was crazy, until, I heard his reasoning. He can get his news in the morning but why does he have to be bombarded with all this shitty, depressing news for the rest of the day. Quite frankly, I believe he has a point.

The news is tragic. How rare is it that you actually turn on the news and its good news? Rare, especially since 911. With the goings on of the middle east, the big hunt for OBL, and all the other tragic things happening, watching the news is like... going to the dentist. And other than the tragedy, the news is dreadfully boring. Politics? Blah. Celebrities? Double Blah. Summer Movie Blockbusters? Yeah, please let me spend 13 dollars to see a fucking movie that when I walk out of the theatre I will be begging for my lost 2 hours back.

Amen to Blind Date. Entertainment and Willing Exploitation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home