Friday, May 03, 2002

My Heart and My Head Are Fighting Again

You know the feeling. I know you do. When your heart says one thing and your head says another - and all the while your whole body aches with confusion.
At least this time the cause to the disagreement isn't a break up. It's a yearning. An unspoken rule. It's the part of me that I can not just type out to you all because it is just that personal. But what I did want to talk to you all about, was this feeling. I know everyone gets it an it is usually over a break up. Your heart wants to go to them, and your head realizes the reality of the situation. And who are we supposed to listen to. Women tend to listen to their hearts, men to their heads. Ultimately, this is where the clash of the sexes occur. I realize John Gray already said all this in Mars and Venus - but it seems to me that women are the only ones who realize the truth in this, and learn to react accordingly. This is where the strength of the woman comes in - her understanding of her surrondings, as well as her compassion for others. And to think that at one time, men did not believe women should be in business.

Speaking of which, women are full of strategic planning.Dostoevsky discussed in it "The Brothers Karamazov" using Katerina. Katerina had convinced herself she was in love with Dmirtry. Ivan was in love with her but saw through it all. And when Dmitry left Katerina for another woman, Katerina plots to get the other woman over for 'tea' and tries to convince her not to be with Dmitry. This story perfectly illustrates my intention for this post. Women can be coniving, and women can be convincing. So convincing in fact, that we can convince ourselves we love some one, that in fact we do not. Women in abusive relationships do it all the time "But I Love Him" they say. Ever day a woman is plotting to get what she wants - and we get it - whether it is good for us, or not. All in the planning.

In all honesty, I do not like women for the above reason. I do not trust 90% of them for I see the above as the truth. I understand their motives and I see their lies. But I do not subscribe to this. Women who can see through women (as my 4 best friends and I can) tend to not have the 30 girlfriends over for a slumber party. And the tend not to trust when their boyfriends have a 'girlfriend who is just a friend' we know the way it is. We see the way it is. And even if on face value, he does not find her attractive, this does not mean that the woman can not use her powers.

My thoughts for the day. I suppose I am on this woman trip. I just heard from a friend. His heart and his head are fighting again - and for the first time in history, I hear a man say he is listening to his heart.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home