Tuesday, July 02, 2002

Movies, Champagne and Hot Syncing

Okay, in order of appearance, we shall first tackle movies:
This weekend I saw all the latest releases that in my humble opinion are worth watching. I was disappointed, pleasantly surprised, and 'eh'.
Disappointed: Gosford Park - I thought this movie was going to be considerably better than it was. There was too much going on and all with British accents, which makes it a little harder to follow. There were too many characters to keep track of, and because of this had very little character development. The story itself could have been significantly improved had there been less characters with useless dialogue. Still it gets a 5 because the story got interesting at the end. It was also surprisingly long.
Pleasantly Surprised: A Beautiful Mind - This movie was expected to be mediocre. But, it was very well done, and I felt myself become empathetic to the lead character. The story was long, but well developed, and you cared about what was going on. There was a nice twist which threw you for a little bit of a loop. The acting, was superb, although Russell Crowe didn't have to act much when he was supposed to be an asshole, cuz guess what kids? He is an asshole. Jennifer Connelly (remember Labyrinth?) looked amazing and I was really impressed with her. More so, because the movie is based on a true story, a great amount of respect was felt for the real Mrs. Nash. It gets an 9, but only because the movie was based on a true story, and therefore was very real, and very sad, without being fake.
Eh: Monster's Ball - In this movie, I found myself believing Halle Berry wasn't Halle Berry untill the sex scene - then it was just "Oh look. Hally Berry Ass" Fairly decent story, with amazing acting. The strongest acting was performed by Heath Ledger and Mos Def - but they only had small parts, leaving Halle to shine. She did a wonderful job and I feel comfortable in stating that she deserved the Oscar. This movie, gets a 7. Rationale? It was sad, very very sad, and I was waiting for something good to happen. Also, I didn't feel for any character except the ones who were short lived, or a mother (the mother only came to be because surprise, I am a woman).

I don't know how many of you drink, but Champagne is delightful. Especially with strawberries. Its one of my favorite treats. I wish I could afford a "great" bottle because I'd like to see what the difference is. I think I am going to wake up red tomorrow because I have eaten soo many strawberries.

I will never leave Mortimer at home again, because I can not Hotsync without him. And I missed my AvantGo. I started out not seeing the point and ended up finding the reasoning behind it. I just may be addicted to reading the news when I am bored.

Those are my thoughts right now. Thought I would share... Ooh, Voyagers on, haven't see it in a while. I think its bed time.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home