Friday, April 18, 2003

My Big Fat French Family

Today my family welcomed in a new baby girl, at 10lbs 2oz. Her name is Madeline Grace and she is the 7th member of the Craig Poirier family :). To elaborate on my big fat french wedding, I thought I would share that I have 24 cousins, both sides, 21 of which are on my fathers side. Lets play the name game. Please take note that I am the oldest of them all :)

My father is the oldest and has two children, myself and my brother Chad. His younger brother Ron has three kids, Kristy, Kory and Kelly. After that, there was Lynn, who bore Laura and Michelle. After Lynn, there was Brian who had Nicole and LIsa. Then there's Donna who had Amy and Nancy. After that, we have Chris who has Rachel, Jessica, and Josh. After Donna, we move along the family path to Craig, who has 7 children, Ryan, Sierra, Emily, Lucy, Claire, Luke and Madeline. And finally we reach Janice who has Karson and Daniel.

That is daddy's side.

Then there is mommy's side. Amanda, Stephanie and Kevin.

This is my family. Now, picture if you will, a family dinner, say, Christmas. Tara is 16. The closest cousin is the same age as her brother - just about 12. She brings her boyfriend to the INSANE family dinner, where there are no less that 12 children running rampant. And they all hang off Tara. This is the glory that is my life. I will have a big fat French wedding, and I will have a retarded amount of people who wish to celebrate with me.

Now, if you will, take a moment and think... what about the second cousins? Wow. Lets go there shall we? No, wait, I can't. There are over 200 on dad's side alone. When I meet a guy in a bar, its not " how old are you" or "where did you grow up" it's "are you in any way related to me?". I don't even KNOW about my mom's side for second cousins. I don't think I can deal.

Nevertheless, I looove new babies... and now I have another one to watch over. Lets hope this one doesn't turn out like me - like all my 23 other minime's

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home