Wednesday, March 31, 2004

That's Right Folks, I Have Contracted A Mild Form of Self Control!

Yes, it can be done. Who knew?

Today I got lucky and the car was available to me to go to class. I left a little early, and since all that was happening in class was some presentations, I decided it was my time to sit and do some word problems. I went into Chapters, picked up a word puzzle book, the latest edition of Fast Company, and went on my way. But Winners was right there. Calling me, no YELLING at me to at least come in and check things out. I did after all just come into a little cash and some of it should be spent on me right?

Wrong. I'm going to NY in the summer and while I fully intend on picking out some nice new clothing for the trip, I also wanted to make sure I got it rather close to the trip. I went to Winners, and for the first time EVER walked out empty handed.

Clothes were talking at me from every angle, one skirt said "You want me, and you would look oh so nice in me" all the while a pair of $29 Steve Maddens were screaming as if near death "YOU NEED ME TARA!" I ran to another aisle only to be bombarded by an adorable pant suit with matching top that would be perfect for spring.. 100 bucks in total, but no.. I ran, I ran out of the store, into my car with the immediate need to smoke. So I did.

I expressed some level of self-control I didn't even know I had. YAY for me!

Someone should call the press, this is truly a momentous occasion.. I even opted to go to class instead of shopping... wow.

Hope all is well in your world...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home