Tuesday, February 03, 2004

Flight of the Navigator

Remember that movie? I can still remember seeing it in the theatre with Nunna and walking out saying such colorful phrases as "geek" and "dweeb." Ahh, when life was simple.

One of my regular readers who I talk to on a semi-regular basis (not for lack of me trying... you know how you are), reminded me of something this weekend. This person had gone on a bit of a tirade and was feeling guilty about it - which got me thinking about all the things I feel eternally guilty for. Because of this thought, I will leave you with my wise words of wisdom.

Receiving forgiveness from yourself is considerably harder than receiving forgiveness from others.

You ever notice how we are ever so quick to forgive most anyone else for true mistakes, but for whatever reason we have the hardest time forgiving ourselves. Even after people have forgiven me for faults and mistakes, I find I still hold that guilt with myself. I need to let it go. I'd probably be much happier in the long run.

I should make a list... but then I would have to look at it, and perhaps I wouldn't forgive myself - I'd just want to die.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home