Friday, February 06, 2004

Under the Tuscan Sun

Did you know that today is Thursday? Thursdays are Tara's day to say "fuck off" to the world. I grab myself a bottle of vino, and settle down to watch my favorite tv shows. I usually don't talk to anyone unless they are there with me, and I don't go out of my way to engage myself in meaningless converations. Thursdays are my day. I don't get that often so I must make time for me not to feel guilty about doing nothing. Thursday is that day.

So the day began normally... wake up, get coffee, study. Shortly before one, I decided I should start my errand running. I needed a fill (for my nails) and I needed to hit up the bank. At the bank, I ran into a good friend of mine, Frank, who I hadn't seen in a while. We decided to have some coffee. It was really nice to see him, and I cut it a litttle short so that I could get my nails done before class.

After class, I had to drop off the videos, get some smokes, and a bottle of wine. My mom's ex-boss had called earlier and I thought she would have to work tomorrow. I thought it would be nice if I picked up "Under the Tuscan Sun" which we both had wanted to see since we saw the previews (she loves Italy, and wanted to do our whole house in Tuscan colors).

So I get home, and holler out "I come bearing gifts!" and I look at the TV.

Tara: What the fuck are you watching?
Mom: Under the Tuscan Sun!!!
Tara: Well fuck, there goes my gifts mom! I thought since I didn't get it for you the other day, I would bring it home to you tonight!!!
Mom: Awee Sweetie!! Thanks for the thought!
Dad: You should bring it back and get another movie

INTERJECTION: If it was six months ago when driving was still really exciting, this would be exciting, now its just like "shit, I just got home!"

Tara: Nooooo, fuck it.

Enter Friends, Survivor, ER, and finally, Under the Tuscan Sun.

Thoroughly enjoyable movie. For my honeymoon, I want to go to Italy tooooo. Hehehe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home