Friday, March 15, 2002

Good Morning All!

I woke up this morning to d's empty apartment, he was at work, and I was alone. For the first time in a week, there was real silence within me. There was no 'oh I have to do this today' and there was no 'is so and so okay?' There was this peace within me I haven't felt in a while. So I got up, turned on the tv, and what did I see? Real World/Road Rules Fantasy Challenge. Why is this arm of reality tv the only one I don't get sick of? It's like YAY IM IN SEATTLE I GET MTV!!! Something must be missing in my life if MTV is such an amazing release.

You know, I think it just may be funner to be a 'kid/youth' in America. You had MTV, you had Spring Break, a conglomerate of Frats and Sororities, some of the most famous schools to attend, Steve Madden, Vera Wang, and of course Tommy Hillfiger. Sure, the "Bush"es were a downfall, but Clinton was good.... but, in Canada...we had beer. Good beer too, and we got to legally buy it earlier (which essentially as d and I have figured out makes us older) we had some killer parties, and we pumped out some great musicians (in the eyes of some)

Why am I thinking about this? I think it all ties into my first blurb... Canadians love MTV because we never had it. We never had real world. We never had road fules. We never had Headbanger's Ball (which btw, I think I have some friends that would have loved it) And therefore, I think, the the missing thing in my life.. has been MTV or something of the like. Let's face it, every VJ on MuchMusic sucks. (okay so they are equal in that department.. I can't stand "Sway") But for entertainement value.. MuchMusic doesn't compare. The only thing MM has going for it? Music Videos.

Well, there is my pointless blurb. It was my first morning thought, and while it may have sucked, for all my Canadian Peeps in the house they need to know, so that we can bring MTV to CaNADA

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home