Monday, May 13, 2002

I am soo sorry :(

I have been really busy lately. With school and the weekend, I have a hard time getting time. I am happy to report my classes this summer are going to be good. I have a feeling that everything will go off with minimal hitches, and I will be able to keep up and learn alot - which is essentially the point of it all.

D was in town this weekend, and we took Lisa to see Spiderman last night. It was pretty good, but if you are a movie buff (I like to think I am somewhat of one) you must keep in mind that there is supposed to be a certain level of cheese to the movie, it is based on a comic book. But, the action scenes were good and there was a tearful moment or two. I really enjoyed this movie and it gets a 8 on my movie scale.

I was thinkin that this may become a forum for movie reviews, so I will continue with the other movie I ventured off onto this weekend. Ocean's Eleven. I thought this movie was very well done, and respected the fact that while staying true to form for the original, they realized they could never be the original and therefore brought it up to speed. The acting was well done, and the story was quite engrossing. It was slightly predictable at times, but you were still hooked to see how it would play out, knowing there would be a few fuck-ups within the movie. There was a flaw, but I will not share it here, as it will only ruin the movie for you. I give this movie an 8 as well, and recommend you go to rent it as soon as you get a free two hours.

And since I have chosen to discuss my movie thoughts, I should tell you about my scale.
1-5 is horrible (there are no half points) - the level of shittiness is based on what is lower
6-8 is average and above average. An 8 is the best an average movie can get, and generally means the acting, directing, or story was fabulous, but it still had moments I went "What-EVERRR!"
9 is a movie that had very few flaws, and would have been a ten had ONE element been implemented. An all round great movie.
10 is impossible, only 2 movies off the top of my head are given this title. Crouching Tiger (must see in theatre to really relish the beauty) and Dark Days. I am sure there are more, bur right now, I can't even begin.

This is all relative, I will share as I move along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home