Wednesday, September 18, 2002

FOH's and Their Effect On Campus Life

Where FOH = Fresh Outta Highschool

Ahhh, fall semester. The freshmens are running around, giggling with their friends about how cool Post-Secondary education is, about how their classes are 'sooo haaardd' and all the girls feel the need to play 'I go to the club and where these clothes, therefore, I should wear them to college' and try to out-do eachother on a regular basis. And hidden within this realm of immaturity and ditzyness is a gem. A gem that I, being 22 can not touch. This gem is a constant reminder that I am getting older and the FOH's this year, are my brothers age.

So as I prance around campus, going to class, chillin in the courtyard, whatever it is I am doing, and I spot a hottie, I must take that moment to realize that I could be his older sister. That he, is 18. 18 years old. Chad's age. Oh my.

The funny part of this? I do NOT remember the boys lookin like that when I was that age. There was NO way they did. At least, not at my school, and somehow, someway, society has evolved to bring us... the super-hot-18-year-old-stamina-prince. Thats what us old Cougars see. We see 18 year old 'peaking' boys. Ahhh. (funny thought, wouldn't it be nice by the beach boys is playing in my head... and as I think, yeah it would be nice, but they wouldn't know this song!)

Alright. FOH's effect? Utter bliss and denial. I am not old. I am not old. I am not old. They are not Chad's age (worse though, if you knew Chad's friends and could say, that they are Chad's friends age, it would further disgust you. Therefore, I will stick to my guns and say "they didn't make them like that when I was a kid")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home