Friday, August 09, 2002

A Really Weird Dream and the Science of Procrastination

Good morning everyone! Have you ever had a dream... that was really really weird? Did you ever realize how weird it was in the dream? Did you ever then take control of the dream? I did. I was dreaming (okay, so I am proving all the allegations that I am insane by saying this) but I was dreaming that I was actually IN Young and the Restless. No, I'm not full of shit. I was talking to JT. Whats funny about this is I haven't really watched the show in a good couple of weeks. Anyway, my dream took on a story line of its own (one they may want to consider) and it was wack. So here is the story. There are four people other than me, you need to know - JT, Brittany, (ME), Billy and Raul.

In the show, Raul and Brittany are dating, and JT and her were sorta.. partners in crime. Billy hates JT. And I.. well I don't know how I fit in really, but here's what happened. Raul and Brittany are in a fight in some room, where there is a patio, and I am there, but its like they don't see me. Through some sliding glass doors I see JT and a little girl (she is about 3). Raul and Brittany are fighting and it seems to me that Brittany is tring to get rid of him - trying to make him disappear. All of a sudden, JT comes marching in with this little girl, and she runs up to Brittany saying "Mommy!" I'm like holy shit! (yeah I know, hard to believe its a dream..) So Raul freaks out, and JT tells Brittany that she needs to start acting like a mother - that he made it all simple for her, and he was the full time dad, and that if she didn't start taking responsiblity for Taylor (woah) that she was really going to regret it in the future. Turns out JT is going to college in NY with Brittany just so that the kid can see mom.

By this time, Taylor (the little girl) is BAWLING so I pick her up and hold her, and all of a sudden, I am seen in this dream. JT asks me to take the kid outside and I do, because I don't realize I'm dreaming yet. I am standing outside with Taylor, humming a song I used to hum to Karson when he was a baby - and I look inside the house and see JT, Raul and Brittany all standing in there yelling and shit.. and it happens. I realized I was in a dream.

All of a sudden, I was sitting having coffee with JT on Broadway in Seattle (I dunno, guess it was for the familiarity?) and he is talking about the whole story - how Brittany begged him to keep her - how he really was the full time father.. and then he started to have a seizure. Somehow, I managed to take control of the dream, I started walked to this pay phone, when I thought where are the cops? Seattle always has a police presence - I made the cops appear and take care of him. I'm not shitting any of you. It was insane. Once i realized I had control I started walking down towards D's place, and I was just about there when I felt something inside me say "Wake Up"

So I did.

No shit.

Craaazy Dreams. The science of procrastination has just been perfected by me. I just spend 1 hour writing all this out in an intelligent manner, when I should have been studying....

Ahhh.. gotta love that procrastination.. gets ya every time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home