Tuesday, July 16, 2002

Fucking Grow Up

A while back on SNL Bob Newhard hosted (I think it was SNL anyway) and he was a shrink. People would come into his office and he would say to them (before they had even finished speaking) GROW UP. It seems to me that this is a great thesis. So, I am officially submitting my thesis to the board of psychiatry.

Fucking Grow Up - Applications and Development
By Me and Moms


Seek out my advice and you will now here "Fucking Grow Up." The fucking was thrown in based on the theory that "grow up" is taken in a light fashion, when in all actuality, you should take me seriously. 90% of the problems in todays personal and external relationships can be solved by growing up. No one needs to hold your hand. Why is it that in today's society, people are such pussies? I can't do it! Can you help me? What should I do? When these questions are posed, regardless of the advisers answer - the seeker still does what they want, they don't seek help from people who can help them, and above all, they fail to try. And this is where our theory is developed.

Fucking Grow Up! Try to do things yourself! Ask for help from someone who can help you! THINK for yourself! Be objective, be smart, and weigh the pro's and con's. Grow up. Behave like a fucking adult, treat life as a business - have a fucking goal. am using the word "fuck" (again) because it is continually taken as a degree of firmness in today's society. Do it. Quit talking about it and do it.

This is not to say, do not seek out advice. And this is not to say that one should be able to handle life on their own. This is to say, that sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do, or are scared to do. But this is all part of life. Avoiding it will only put you in a far shittier situation. Procrastination is the habit of children.

Okay. I am done. My mom and I had basically hashed that out today. I just wanted to blurt it out. I am sure it will be edited, and revised, but for now, thats all the time I have. Comments are welcome - and sign my damn guestbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home