Monday, September 22, 2003

I Was Right, But It Was Wrong

Some years ago, I worked for this little telemarketing company in Vancouver. It was an interesting environment, to say the least, and was involved in some illegal activities that for the most part, I was unaware of. Nevertheless, I met some wonderful people there, two that stayed as friends for sometime, and a boyfriend which lasted 6 months.

One of the friends Lisa, is still my friend. The other was a friend for approximately 3-4 years and then we had a falling out of sorts. I had heard that he had said something that wasn't true, and it upset me. So I called and freaked out on him. He, (rather than saying I am sorry but that didn't happenor I am sorry that was wrong) freaked out on me. He said that he would not have me calling his house and using that tone with him. This ended the friendship right there.

The thing is, it had been a long-time coming. We had both changed and had grown apart. He wanted more than I could give, as far as time. We had different ideals, different experiences behind us, different moral guidelines. Things had changed.

It is sad to me now. I think of him often. I wonder how he is doing, what he is doing, (he would now add, whooo he is doing) and whether or not there is room for reconcillation. It was a bad falling out, but after the years of friendship you would think we could work through it and find an amicable solution.

Today, I looked up the old email address I had for him. It was hotmail so he may or may not still have/check it. The email said "if you still check this email, and i don't get a mailer daemon... I'd like to talk to you."

I don't know if he will respond. I still have his phone number, but he may not be living at home anymore. He could be anywhere. He never could sit in one place for too long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home