Sunday, November 16, 2003

Good Friends With Eyeore

**If you are Lisa, its the two entries below this one. I had a creative moment and decided to write...

I look outside today and I feel as though I have been transported to the Hundred Acre Wood and am shacked up with Eyeore. I am sure you are all aware of who he is, so I am just going to carry on with my story. It is gloomy outside. It is dark, it is rainy, and it is just not an emotional lifter. In fact, I would go so far as to say, it is down-right depressing.

You look up at the sky and know that behind those clouds lies a beautiful day. But we are stuck beneath this grey sheet of clouds that are leaking their life blood to our lawns, watersheds, gardens, rooftops and streets. It will go on for weeks the news says. Yay.

The one thing I love about fall and winter is the onslaught of snow on the mountains. This snow provides a good basis for the only thing I look forward to in the winter.... snowboarding. It is still not possible for me to strap in and glide down the mountain, but if the temperature drops to just the right level, snow will fall on the mountains, and I will have my day in nature. Until then, I am going to be shacked up in school and my room, staring out little windows at leaking clouds.

Eyeore and I would make dandy friends. We could sit and foretell of more rain and gloom, while we lay our heads down in our arms, and sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home